Learn What's Involved to Design and Deploy Successful Health Tourism Programs for Hospitals & Health Facilities
The only two-day workshop designed to help public and private sector hospital executives and managers design, organize and operate successful health tourism programs
Maria Todd teaches health facility executives and managers who need to know "how" to plan, develop and deploy functional, profitable health tourism programs utilizing their medical staff, facility and technologies.
ABOUT THIS MASTER CLASS WORKSHOP
- Learn what it takes to organize and operate day-to-day health tourism products to add diverse revenue opportunities and brand recognition at their facility.
- Conduct a training needs assessment to decide which skills to develop and roles and responsibilities and job descriptions for each team member working within the program.
- No matter what brand of software you intend purchase, learn which software capabilities are needed to manage the health tourism program operations and ongoing support.
- Learn from real-world examples, real problems that have been solved, and what can go wrong if you are missing the infrastructure necessary to operate the program and delivery quality and value.
- Learn how to effectively market the your medical staff, facility, and technologies so you can measure and publish meaningful, externally-verifiable results.
- Learn from an award-winning, internationally recognized expert and the author of 18 textbooks on healthcare business topics, recognized for industry experience, depth of knowledge, and proven ability to engage participants.
- Invite as many stakeholders as you like for this 2-day, hands-on, practical and informative workshop.
- Leave with a road map that highlights next steps: what to research, which questions to ask, and a blueprint to design, organize and deploy a functional and successful health tourism program development at your facility or health system.
Master Class Summary
Medical Tourism Programs are being rolled out in all kinds of health facilities - hospitals, addiction recovery, office-based operating theaters, ambulatory surgery centers, worldwide. Rural and urban, public and private sector, and new purpose built construction and remodeling projects. Banks are stakeholders as much as hedge funds and government hospital district authorities. Updated for 2019, this learning-intensive hands on workshop covers an overview of the role and operation of a health tourism program at an individual health facility or an entire integrated health system.
Maria covers needs analysis, sector strengths and weaknesses, destination advantages and constraints, marketing, day-to-day operations, organizational infrastructure, management roles and responsibilities, dispute resolution, training and capacity development for cluster employees, and how all the subordinate departments within the cluster work in harmony to support the stakeholders so they can focus on treating patients.
She covers contracts between the cluster and stakeholders, development of participation criteria and standards to be a program participant, software and day-to-day management, and all the things that failed programs overlooked and under-developed and how it contributed to their stagnation and inefficiency. Physician integration and alignment is also addressed.
After This Seminar, You'll Be Able To:
- Feel confident that you know the next steps required to start designing and organizing your planned health tourism program.
- Feel more confident about you value proposition, how to present it, how to decide on targeting source markets and ideal individual and group health customers
- Know exactly what data and information to request from each prospects before presenting your offer, why it is necessary, how to ask for it, and how to use it to leverage brand strength and differentiation
- How to pre-review prospective group health buyers that want to do business with your facility or health system
- Understand and decide which accreditation and certification programs to pursue to align with your primary target buyers' and insurers' perceptions and recognition of value, quality and safety.
- How to effectively market and brand your destination, the facility and its medical staff and the overarching message of your health tourism program.
- Ideas to create the program landing page and back-end intranet to support program operations and communications between program departments, managers, medical staff, patients, and payors.
Tools and Takeaways
Templates, tools, checklists, outlines, and model standards and criteria for hospitals, nursing agencies, free-standing surgery centers, hotels, spas, thermal rehabilitation resorts; model contract templates that spell out the roles and responsibilities between program and collaborating suppliers, model business rules for contracts with buyers, insurers, and self-insured employers, and a trial account for software to manage cluster operations at no charge for the first year.
Live, Hands-on, Interactive, Prototyping
General knowledge of medical tourism operations and infrastructure
14 hours of hands-on training
4GB USB Drive with supplemental materials to accelerate cluster design, development and deployment that contains the following:
- Model worksheets
- Model checklists
- Template Contracts, Policies and Procedures
- Supplemental reading materials
Access to a trial account of SAAS cloud-based software
- specifically designed to support all day-to-day operations management and cluster function and reporting - no charge for first year.